Monday, May 12, 2008

Just keep swimming

I remember when I was about 6 months along with Kayleigh we had bought "Finding Nemo' for Lyssa. She adored the movie and with everything we had gone through, I felt just like that line 'just keep swimming'. Ben's Lyme disease and our realization of the unescapable bankruptcy due to his being kept from work for 6 months, the stress of every moment worrying that Lyssa would rip out the PIC IV and knick his heart or worse cause a horrible infection, the fears of not knowing what our future held and if we had caught it in time since it was diseminated. We got through it by the Grace of God and Kayleigh bares the middle name of Grace in honor of that, so as to always remember that through Grace alone we survived.


But fastforward to 2 years later and I again feel like that little fish, but this time i'm going against the current. Trying to buy a house is way more stressful then we imagined. A steal, no longer sits on the market. Instead bidding wars errupt and otherwise nice and friendly people turn into your competition. We officially made our first offer 7 days ago and this week has been one emotional rollercoaster after the next. Just wheni think im ok and letting go of the stress, I am kept up all night tossing and turning through bad dreams. I keep telling myself, life could be worse. And I really do know that worse, i lived it last year. Instead I will choose to look around myself and smile that I even have the opportunity to be stressed over buying a house with a man who is working his rear off at being a hubby.


Just keep swimming my friends, eventually the current turns and we all get to lavish in the current.

No comments: