Friday, August 27, 2010

Almost 3 months

I can't believe how fast time flies when you have a newborn! You'd think I'd remember, since i've done this before. But obviously, I'm sitting here thinking to myself that it is flying all over again!

And I'm enjoying life. 30 seems to suit me. The way I am pareting a newborn now compared to when I was 23 and 25 are very different. I have gained patience and a humor that is serving us all well.

For example, I have a husband who is on crutches and can't do much for himself lately. DH underwent ACL and MCL surgery. He had a graft done as well as some 12 fractures (can't remember the term right now). So he's been pretty miserable but fighting through. And what gets me through the days of having to run a household with 3 children, a large dog and a post op hubby? My humor. More often than not I just find myself laughing at how 5 years ago I would have been lost and allowing myself to get frustrated at every little thing. Instead now I joke to dh about him being a gimp and how our son loves no one but me.

It's all light hearted and really the occassional stress I feel, is nothing. Because I'm able to grasp a much bigger picture that let's me know that no matter how hard the day is, at the end of it we are laughing and loving.

I've sucked at blogging lately. Just don't have the time for it really. And ultimately, I don't feel the need to express my emotions in writing as much as I use to, because dh is my best friend and he's been great at listening to me as he lays in bed. And I have gained a self confidence that allows me to be secure in our world. A huge gift and blessing.

Hopefully, I'll get back to this blogging. But if not, it's because i'm busy trying to soak it all up. Soak up everything that is my life that I am so very thankful to be given. 30 is great. Having 3 kids is great. Having a dh who is my best friend and love is great. Ultimately, life is GREAT. Who can ask for more?

1 comment:

Cyn said...

Exactly!! I really can't imagine what a marriage would be like without having such a deep friendship!
I"m so glad that you're embracing your 30's!