Saturday, January 12, 2013

I knew you were trouble

Taylor Swift has a song out that is called I knew you were trouble. Ever since the first time I heard it, I could relate. Her video really hits the nail on the head.

I was that young, gullible, star in my eyes 20 year old and I fell hard. But I knew. Deep down, I knew in my gut how it would end and always did. I use to dream about it actually and as crazy as it sounds, i'd have weird moments of deja vu through out the last decade and moments of those dreams would flash before me. Sounds crazy, stupid and dumb. But that relationship, that addiction you create in the midst of an abusive relationship with a sociopath or narcissist is a strong pull and unless you are healthy and combatted your own wounds, you are susceptible to become the prey of such a heady and intoxicating 'lust' (it isn't love).

As the video ends she says it perfectly. "I don't know if you know who you are until you lose who you were". I lost myself and everything I was in him, and then when he was gone and I thought i'd lost everything . . . I found me. Talk about a happy ending, they really do exist.

No comments: