Saturday, September 6, 2008

Finally back in touch

I really take for granted how attached I am to my online community. Having gone without internet for over 2 weeks, really tried my patience. But thankfully, it's back and for our troubles the phone company after learning that Ben is one of their own, credited us 6 months of phone and internet service. Silly representive, shouldn't have hung up on Ben and cancelled his order!

We are slowly settling in, I haven't really been in a rush as we've decided this is our last move for at least 5 years. So i've slowly been unpacking here and there, most anxiously awaiting the arrival of my piano! I've been waiting 5 years for a place to put her, knowing all the while that as soon as she settles in and is tuned the girls and I will be playing! The piano i grew up playing on has been faithfully waiting at my parent's home all the while listening to my mother play on their new grand piano. Must really be hard for that poor piano, but once she arrives here the love and use will be overwhelming i'm quite sure! I am thinking that I will start Lyssa's lessons myself since I have played for over 10 years now. She has been asking for 2 years now when she can play the piano and i really look forward to that mother daughter time, as well as a chance to bring back to my roots.

Speaking of, this home has done just that. Ironically i find myself literally 3 minutes from my parents home (which i had been avoiding at all costs) and it's as if a full circle is happening. I am line drying my clothes, watering the lawn, letting the girls play in the sprinklers, starting a compost pile and trying to revive the garden. I am suddenly reminded of the few things I loved and remember about my childhood. As the smell of linedried clothes rushes at me or the sprinklers wet the grass, i get a smile on my lips and feel contentment as my girls have giddy smiles and laughter at the sheer joy of something they've never experienced before. To remind ourselves of just how hippy we are, i also fit in time to tie dye and dye about 20 pieces of clothing over last weekend. It was a blast and the girls LOVED their new clothes.

The house is about 2300 square feet. Seems huge, until you add to the equation my mother in law who has permanantly moved in with us. It's been . . . trying to say the least. There has been issues with authority and whose house it is and who is the mother, but i've been pretty good at speaking calmly and clearly even amongst all my hormones a-raging. She will get the picture eventually that i'm plain and simple not a lovey dovey person and don't really want a mom-daughter bond with her. I figure it will work itself out in time.

The girls are still in our room, i think we will be sharing a room til they leave for college. For now, we are ok with that and giggle at the extra bedroom down the hall perfectly decorated for 2 little princesses. But thankfully the room is ginormous as we are in a 3 bedroom 3 bath home. We really are looking forward next year to adding on and updating this house as it is still stuck in the 60's. But for now we are just content to spread our elbows and have a little growing room.

I am feeling pretty good. Tired, moody and easily irratated at only 6 weeks! Yep, i'm pregnant. But, it's not ours lol! Our transfer was successful and it was when we went to Manhatten Beach for the weekend. We had been really hopeful for our intended mother that this would be it, but we've been very patient at waiting to see how it comes along. I'm about 6 weeks and a few days, awaiting an u/s to confirm heartbeat. I'm amazed that the morning sickness is not at all like it was with my 2 girls and i'm looking forward to be past the darn heat that is killing us out here (100s).

Well i have loads of research to go do on a new vehicle. Sadly, my C-class is going to be put off as we have to have a vehicle that fits more then 5 and my durango's air is out.

No comments: