Lyssa's teacher pulled me aside yesterday, to tell me that whatever we were doing at home was really making a huge difference with her in class. She said that she has consistently been task oriented, paying attention, detail oriented and eager to get the answers and is back to identifying her alphabet and numbers. She was amazed at the difference, and i was relieved to hear the update. I am also grateful for a teacher who is willing to keep me in the loop and to let me know positive as well as the negative feedback, it all helps in the end to let me know as a mom what we need to work on. We are really blessed that she was chosen as Lyssa's teacher this year!
I usually don't pay attention to recent events and try to not get updated on news. But dh came home talking about the whole Rhianna/Chris Brown fiasco that recently happened. It really saddened my heart. Here you have a beautiful, talented girl who is getting beat on. Having been in abusive relationships myself, i cant help but scream 'GET OUT'. The signs are always there, they don't just randomly pop out one night in a moment of weakness. And it makes me realize that so many girls are out there hurting and matching up with these abusive jerks. Walk away, no RUN away ladies. You don't need to be by his side regardless of what inner needs you think he may fulfill. There are good, whole men who respect your body, your talents, your heart and your soul. Hold out til you find him, because every other guy you waste your time on will be just that . . time wasted.
OK, off my soapbox. I pray that I'm able to raise my girls with self respect and a knowledge that they are whole and beautiful, without a man in their life.
So I'm 29 weeks. Yay me. LOL! Had a MW appointment today that went wonderfully well. My kidney infection is mostly under control, we wait for the results of my latest culture. I feel 100 times better thankfully. My iron is WONDERFUL, and my blood sugar levels were awesome! So overall I'm doing great. We are just chugging along and starting to plan for the birth and all that it will entail!
2 comments:
Having seen many people continue to stay in abusive relationships, I just don't get it. My greatest hope is that by having a strong father figure my dd will evade the trap and will insist on better for herself.
Good to hear you're starting to feel better!
Wow, you have been a busy lady! I hope you are feeling better. Sorry I haven't been in to check on you lately on you blog. Way to go for standing up to that doctor though in your earlier post. So you are only a few weeks ahead of me.....I'm feeling done already! Good luck with the pregnancy! Keep in touch!
Post a Comment