

I haven't been posting much because I've been spending a lot of time on the adoption of the newest member of our family! It's been a nice reprieve from life and stress and our new little guy is a much wanted family member now!
We spent over a year on this decision. Originally, we wanted a rottweiler and found a local breeder who specifically breeds for agility competition. Her rotties are smaller and more agile, better suited for our family. . . but we were in an apartment at the time and it wasn't right to bring a rottie into that type of home. So we put it off. I continued to research and read and get updates on dogs from various breeders we had contacted. We eventually went through the list of yorkies, labs, morkies and boxers. But nothing seemed like the right fit, I kept wondering how we'd know we were making the right choice.
Then, last week I was going through petfinder for boxer puppies and ran across a little guy who just stole my heart. One look and i knew he was the right fit for our family. So we drove an hour and a half and met him. He was ours from the moment i laid eyes on him. We spent an hour with him, he never nipped or barked at the girls and was so sweet and playful. Ends up he is boxer/mastiff mix and 25 lbs at 11 weeks old!
Today, he came home to his forever home. Just in time to celebrate dh's 32nd bday and our 6th wedding anniversary tomorrow! He's recovering from getting neutered, but still been an absolute doll. We named him Koda (means friend in Sioux) and our only annoyance is his stinky farts lol. Otherwise, we feel we've made a great choice in adding to our family. The girls are in love and we are looking forward to see how he grows.
Right now, he's sound asleep in his crate and I'm thinking DH will only be up a few times to let him relieve himself!
3 comments:
Ah, so sweet! good luck with all the puppy stuff :)
Are you still planning to move?
No, we searched all around and then had mentioned to the landlord we needed to move to a cheaper place and he said he would just lower the rent because we are such good tenants he doesnt want to lose us!!! Makes it sooo much easier since we are settled in. I'm still not happy with the cost of utilities in this place, but its a home with a yard and we can walk to school. So we took the plunge and got this little guy!
I'm glad it all worked out. I was thinking you might be losing your mind moving and getting a dog while pregnant! :)
Post a Comment