Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fit Test - Check

Today I got a very pleasant surprise! My Insanity. I was amazed as I had ordered it from BeachBody on Sunday evening, and it was here by yesterday since I had gotten a notice in the mail but had yet been to pick the mail up till today. FAST shipping!

I got pretty excited and this afternoon after school, homework and play dates . . . I broke open the packaging, read through it, threw on some work out clothes and my Nike's and started the first DVD. It all came flashing back to me, all the cursing, sweating, yelling, exhaustion and pure craziness of P90X. I remembered how HARD I had worked to get to where I was before I got pregnant with my DS, and how good I had looked. But I also remembered the sore muscle, the pains, the stress fracture. . . and here I set out again.

So Fit Test, done with the free reminder that I am fat, overweight and have zero stamina currently. YIKES, it kicked my butt and I was sorely behind the people on the screen. But it's a starting point. I'm going to try to fit in my first work out tonight, it's Plyometric Cardio Circuit. It's a 40 minute work out (of pure HELL I'm sure) but since I'm starting this program today (I am determined to finish it the week before I turn 31), I'm 2 days behind according to their schedule. If i can fit in what would technically Tuesday's workout then I can work out on Sunday and be right on course next week.

So my food so far this week consists of:
MONDAY: 1 DP, Fruit for breakfast, chicken salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing, a gluten free peanut butter chocolate granola bar, lemon garlic salmon, asparagus, brown rice and 96 oz of water through out the day.

TUESDAY: 1 DP, Soy yogurt with GF granola, chicken salad with balsamic vinaigrette, gluten free peanut butter chocolate bar, clif kid twisted fruit rope, turkey burger with guacamole, 96 oz of water through out the day.

WEDNESDAY: 20 oz green tea (from the bag), gluten free frosted flakes with almond milk, peanut butter chocolate granola GF bar, little baggie of roasted almonds, little baggie of raw carrots, fajita chicken bowl (corn tortilla chips, guac, chicken and lettuce), turkey burritos on corn tortillas with onion, refried beans and corn. 96 oz of water through out the day.

And no, i wont be counting my calories. I'm already so hyper paranoid about what I consume regarding the dairy allergy (allergist recommended that we stop going GF and Dairy free all at once and just start with one, so i'm focusing on dairy right now but still limiting gluten as much as i can by using what i have in the house for the time being) i don't want to obsess. I'd rather obsess over how many calories i burn a day.

No comments: