Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Full circle

Life has hit a stage of coming full circle. It is a great place to be, I can't complain. Of course we have the typical life stressors and life isn't always perfect, but with BK we've formed this team to where we are able to just roll with it.

We are preparing for the start of school. We've hit some hiccups with my ex. I keep telling people that if they've never had to deal with a high conflict ex to count their blessings. BK see's it and is floored at how since we made our relationship known, it has spurred issues with the ex that were completely dormant during the beginning of our relationship. But we're dealing and the kids are loving BK and his kids and the family we've managed to piece together. It's healthy, and fun, and respectful and full of love. The kids settle into his presence and home in a way I've never seen them do so before. I watch him with my kids and I melt, he doesn't need to parent them as I handle that, but his reassurance and concern and care for them speaks volumes about the type of man he is. Just like the type of man he is when he's parenting his own children and pouring out love on them in ways I have always wished my children received from their own father. I don't think women realize how lucky they are when they have a healthy, sane, loving father for their children; especially after a split or divorce. I fully appreciate this about BK and I am grateful he's come into our lives.

As we wind down with the last few weeks of summer we are preparing and working towards some big changes. Life has come full circle in so many ways that we catch ourselves just looking at each other and saying how blessed we are. Despite the tough stuff, we still have so much good coming into our lives that it makes it all worth it. I never thought I'd ever be where I am, especially when I look back to three years ago when I was a scared, confused, shell-shocked freshly single mom going through the divorce process. And yet, each and every step has been for a reason and has led me to where I am now - holding BK's hand, surrounded by all these amazing kids that we love together, and seeing the changes we are planning and the one's that the universe and God have given us. We spend the evenings curled up together just talking about the present, the future and how grateful we are that the past has led us here. We share in excitement over what is to come and how blessed we feel to have each other, because even if that is all we had it would simply still be enough. Life is simple and kind and gentle with BK. Seeing the full circle wrap around our hearts and lives only makes it that much more appreciated and wonderful. I find many nights my heart saying, "All is well with my soul" and I hear the whisper of his breathing and the kiss on the back of my neck as he thanks me for being me and for all that our lives has become and I smile and fall asleep gently knowing this is exactly where we are meant to be.

No comments: