Obviously my math is a little wrong, right? Well, not exactly. You see one plus one usually equals 2, except when you are 2 divorced individuals with children. That's where the math gets tricky.
BK brings with him his five children - four that are just amazing and great little people, and one that never made it to be on earth with his parents, but he always counts. I bring my three. So I'll sit here while you redo the math. Wait J, you need to go back to elementary math because you clearly still cannot add. Dude, five plus three, is clearly eight. What's the issue.
Oh. Yeah. That! We are going to be hearing the little sound of pitter pattering feet as we decided we needed a tie breaker as we have four boys and four girls between us. Yep, we're pregnant and over the moon excited. We had kept it quiet and only told family slowly as we loved having something just between us. Being a surrogate means everyone and their mother, and most likely their mother's doctor knows you're pregnant. This time BK waited to spill the beans to friends until I was ready. We told the kids a few weeks ago as I'll be nearing the middle of the pregnancy soon and knew eventually I'd start showing and the kids would probably be wondering why in the world my tummy was getting a little out of shape!
The kids all took it wonderfully. We all are excited to be growing and I'm excited to have two of each of my own, and I'm grateful BK is so experienced with boys, lol! Zero complaints from the kids that they will be getting a little brother. It actually has been a pretty fun and joyful time. And it brings me back to my dream I had all those years ago. I knew as soon as the pregnancy test was positive that it would be a boy. A little dark haired boy, with a man who was dark haired, kind and looked at me with adoration and love. So crazy the dreams that can come true that you never think twice about. But the ultrasound pretty much confirmed my suspicions (which makes me 6 for 6 by the way, as I've yet to be wrong with a single pregnancy of my own) and BK and I have been having fun throwing names around. Actually the entire family has had fun contributing names all the way from my 4 year old to BK's mom. The entire family is excited and the grandparents are over the moon that they get just one more grandbaby.
Me, I'm contented and grateful. I've got an amazing man by my side, we have some kickbutt kids that we love and adore who all get along, we have great jobs and wonderful family and friends who are so over the moon happy for us and this new addition. And now we get to grow by one more and experience it with someone who loves and honors us. We get to raise a child together, under the same roof and we know that in 30 years we will still be holding hands at his wedding or the birth of our grandchild. Eight months ago God granted us another chance and karma came back to us full circle blessing us in ways we never thought we would be.
No comments:
Post a Comment