Let's see, four months have passed and i've been a very lazy blogger. Much of my time in June, July and August were taken up by actually writing Ben nightly. He survived Basic Combat Training, graduated 27 lbs lighter, years more confident and sexy as he always is.
I was blessed to be able to fly out and visit DH thanks to a dear friend who helped us be able to afford it. I left the 29th of July and spent 6 lovely days child free! I flew into North Carolina and drove down to South Carolina since he was at Fort Jackson. Spent the first night anxious as could be as I hadn't seen my dh in 11 weeks! So many thoughts and so much anticipation. I had also lost 38 lbs during his absense and was so nervous that he wouldn't notice! The next morning I woke up (3 am cali time sadly) and got ready for his 'Family Day'. They did this hokey army drill thing and then a bunch of talking and all i could think was, I'm never going to find him out of the 2000+ soldiers, they ALL look the same lol. They dismissed the soldiers and they were allowed to find us and spend the next 8 hours with us! I couldn't find DH anywhere, and then my phone started ringing. It was DH (I had been able to mail him his cell knowing he would have permission to use it on family day and graduation), asking where I was. I explained where I was standing and he asked if I was near the girl in the pink dress. I looked around and laughed "I AM the girl in the pink dress" I told him. He came running over and swooped me up, one of the best oment's of our lives. I was so thrilled to be in his arms again!
I was blessed to be able to fly out and visit DH thanks to a dear friend who helped us be able to afford it. I left the 29th of July and spent 6 lovely days child free! I flew into North Carolina and drove down to South Carolina since he was at Fort Jackson. Spent the first night anxious as could be as I hadn't seen my dh in 11 weeks! So many thoughts and so much anticipation. I had also lost 38 lbs during his absense and was so nervous that he wouldn't notice! The next morning I woke up (3 am cali time sadly) and got ready for his 'Family Day'. They did this hokey army drill thing and then a bunch of talking and all i could think was, I'm never going to find him out of the 2000+ soldiers, they ALL look the same lol. They dismissed the soldiers and they were allowed to find us and spend the next 8 hours with us! I couldn't find DH anywhere, and then my phone started ringing. It was DH (I had been able to mail him his cell knowing he would have permission to use it on family day and graduation), asking where I was. I explained where I was standing and he asked if I was near the girl in the pink dress. I looked around and laughed "I AM the girl in the pink dress" I told him. He came running over and swooped me up, one of the best oment's of our lives. I was so thrilled to be in his arms again!DH was very surprised by my new tattoo (which reads Inner Strength in Kanji and the cherry blossoms represent new life and going with the flow of the changingseasons). And floored at the weightloss. All he kept saying was how amazingly beautiful i was and that he was so lucky to have the hottest wife ever. Talk about a confidence boost! The rest of the day we spent talking and holding hands, touching base and being a couple without children. Best decision we ever made was for just me to go out alone. Sadly,i had to drop him back off that evening, but the next morning at 0'dark thirty I was up and getting ready for graduation (that's what the pic of me in the green dress if from). We got through graduation and signed him out and he was mine for the whole day,night and didnt have to report to Fort Gordon till Saturday night! That night we had our first date in ages and I had my alltime favorite O'Charley's Potato Cheese Soup. We had an amazing stay and mini vacation and were able to visit Deb and her quads (friends via surrogacy) and then got the great news that DH was mine for one more night. Sunday afternoon, i had to return him and make the 6 hour drive back to NC (which ended up taking closer to 8 hours thanks to horrific lightening storms). I flew home, and life resumed as normal.
It was a great break and vacation, every couple needs dedicated one on one time weve decided. And we hope to get a vacation with just us, at least once a year from now on! The girls were thrilled to have me home, my niece was thrilled for me to be home and for her to be leaving (she later told her mom she never wants kids or a dog because they are just too tiring lol) and we slowly settled back into the routine of just us and waiting for daddy to return in 22 weeks.
The summer winded down slowly, and perfectly. I really really enjoyed our summer. Every day we went swimming, about 3 days a week we'd have a playdate with our friends or go to the park. Every day was calm and enjoyable and I was able to keep working out at home. I still had 10 more lbs to go as I knew I was going to be in a wedding on Oct. 17th. Then 2 weeks after my return home, school started back up and we were jolted back into real life.

I won't lie, i am not a morning person nor will I ever be. For kindergarten Lyss didn't have to be at school till 11:48 which was perfect for our lazy mornings. Now 1st grade was start time at 9 am, me no happy mommy lol. But we figured it out and she was so excited for her first day of school. We were less than thrilled to find out we had the most unliked teacher at the school, but figured it would work itself out.
I won't lie, i am not a morning person nor will I ever be. For kindergarten Lyss didn't have to be at school till 11:48 which was perfect for our lazy mornings. Now 1st grade was start time at 9 am, me no happy mommy lol. But we figured it out and she was so excited for her first day of school. We were less than thrilled to find out we had the most unliked teacher at the school, but figured it would work itself out.
The first few weeks were very hard and interesting. The first week the teacher took me aside and told me that my daughter was very immature and cried too much and i should put her back in kindergarten. I was taken aback, but explained that her daddy was gone for 7 months with the army, this was a new yearwith lots of change and a new teacher and students and she often cried when things were unsettling to her, but that she'd settle in and gain confidence. The teacher didn't care too much for me for not taking her advise, which became very apparant with comments on Lyss's homework and paperwork sent home. The final straw was when a fellow 1st grader was trying to touch her inappropriately, Lyss told the yard duty and the only way I found out was a week later when Lyss was trying to repeat it to her sister. I immediately pulled her out of school and looked at our options. We may possibly move in December once dh graduates from AIT, so it didn't make sense to put her in three schools in one year. So i spoke with a friend who homeschools and we decided to take the leap and homeschool. Definately not my first choice in her education, but crazy enough it suits her perfectly. I've never seen her happier, shine more or more determined to soak up everything I can pass on to her. She's really blossomed and we are so lucky to have playdates at least 3 times a week with her best friend Aidan from school, her friend Jamie (who also attended her school but just started homeschooling as well) once a week, her park playday on thursdays with about 20 other kids, dance classes and soon to start horseback riding lessons. So not only is she flourishing (reading above a 2nd grade level) academically she is being immersed in socialization as well, which was my biggest fear.
The week I pulled out Lyss, was the same week that dh was able to come home for about 36 hours on Labor Day weekend! We didn't think we could pull it off as we live hand to mouth on military wages quite literally, but his best friend decided to send him home after hearing everything we'd been through with Lyss. We picked him up at the airport and it was the most amazing homecoming ever asI hadn't told the girls that daddy was coming home.
We had a wonderful 36 hours with daddy, much needed reconnection for the girls and it went by too quickly. But we were thankful for the visit and knew it meant only a few more months till daddy's final homecoming! The good news is dh got fast tracked, instead of February he now graduates December 17th and will be back in our arms for good before christmas time!
The last few weeks have just been busy with homeschooling, dealing with a dog who is as big as my almost 4 year old. He's over 70 lbs and I think 10 months old. Driving me batty this month, as I have no patience for the poor guy. But he really is a great puppy and scares away anyone that comes to the door!
Kiki got a big girl haircut, one I dreaded to give her but after a summer of it practically strangling her in her sleep and getting caught in the carseat I decided it was time to chopit off and make it much more functional. The great thing is she loves it and we no longer fight and cry at night time after baths to comb her hair. It was so thick, even with adult conditioner it was still hard to comb!
Let's see, I can also kiss this flat tummy that I fought SOOO hard to get (still shocked I managed to lose 38 lbs in about 10 weeks time) as I've already started gaining the weight back.
Though I do suppose that is a side effect to getting these bad boys. DH and I were not trying and had decided that we may ttc in April after a Hawaiian vacation, but those plans have been put n hold. I'll be due around June 1st, since his visit home on Labor Day will be leaving us with a permanent momento lol.
I've already been fighd ting Hyperemesis, but doing the single parent thing I've been very proactive and started Phenegrin yesterday. It's hard, knocks me out almost. So i'm going to try half tablets tomorrow, we shall see. But i have to function, can't be throwing up 24.7 and unable to parent. I also have that upcoming wedding on the 17th, so I'm nervous as I've already gained back some weight and am ubber bloated.
We also have Lyssa's 6th birthday on the 15th, Kiki's on the 20th and then we are doing their bday party with our best friends daughter Ava on the 31st who is celebrating her First birthday. We thought it would be fun to let all the kids dress up! So that's what's going to keep my chalk full busy through October. November 10th is my fist Appt for this little ladybug (and shoosh I don't want to hear one more person tell me they hope its a boy, we are a girls camp now and really hoping for a girl since we already have her name picked out lol and this is our LAST), I will get to see bug via ultrasound, which makes me a tad sad. This is our last pregnancy and DH will miss out on all those appts and moments that he so dearly loves (still amazed I married a man that is into pregnancy and childbirth as i am lol). But it's ok, he'll be home soon enough.
OH, and i'm not telling my family (except my mom who's been helping me out since i'm so sick) so please no mention of this on Facebook. And if any of my siblings or family managed to find my blog and are stalking it, keep it zipped up y'all, i don't want the family knowing till DH is home and we can announce it together at Christmas, so just act surprised lol. Off to finish this weeks cirriculum before i take my last medicationfor the night and snuggle into bed next to my baby who wont be my 'baby' come next year. Night and miss you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment