The wedding was beautiful. And i am officially retired. This was somewhere around the 10-13th wedding I have been in. It's sad when you've been in so many you lose track! This time I was Matron of Honor and while it was beautiful, I am hanging up my hat of being in weddings. Dh always jokes that i could have my own version of the movie 27 dresses.
The bride looked beautiful and was my calmest bride i've ever been with! Everything was beautiful, the ceremony was sweet and i didn't cry! It was HUMID though, rare for northern cali and we were a sweaty mess throughout most the day, hence the flat and icky hair on my behalf. I managed to get through the night with ripping my dress only in places no one could see and the photographer promised to photoshop any weirdness around the waist since my dress was horribly tight! LOL!
And it has led me to decide to spend the $6000 tuition i have from the Army on an Event and Wedding Planning Certification program! I am born to do this stuff. Yesterday even pukey from the smell of wine (it was at an old sugar mill turned winery), exhausted and hurting I still managed to keep it together and everything went right on time. I would really like to hone my experience and gain education in this field. If we end up sticking around Sacto (sigh) then at least Alicia (the bride) and I could venture out on our own and maybe start out own business as midwifery has been put on hold till the babies are in high school.
Well there's loads more,but i'm exhausted. So i'm off to lay in bed as the girls are playing quietly in there.
No comments:
Post a Comment