I ordered 2 capes for the girls off an etsy shop and was so very excited about getting them. Only to get an email this week stating that I would no longer be receiving them before Christmas Day. I was not a happy camper, as i had purchased them in plenty of time for the cut off and these were for Christmas and i'd spent over $50 for them. I was extremely annoyed, asked for a refund and got completely ignored.
So I went through my own fabric and found some left over purple soft minky like fabric from a baby blanket and 2.5 yards of green silk brocade I had bought to use as the girls playtent. And went from there after a good friend showed me this AWESOME tutorial which was so much easier then any other pattern i've ever found. So i must say a heartfelt thank you to the author of The Long Thread for saving part of our Christmas!
I am by no means a seamstress, so you'll always have to excuse the blatent mistakes i make in sewing, but here are the girls' capes!
No comments:
Post a Comment