Well, we survived the first week of being on our own. Honestly, it has flown by leaving me little time to myself to reflect and get on here. Usually every night by 10 pm im so wiped out, i dont even think to log on. Tonight, i should be figuring out our summer schedule. I'll get to that in a few, im sure it will make me feel better to see a calendar full of things for us to do.
The total amount of time of my dh being gone is 32 weeks. But whenever i focus on that, it's too overwhelming. So instead, im going to count down the next 9 weeks. That is when he will be done with basic, graduating and allowed visitors and a whole family day with us. So we are looking forward to flying out to South Carolina (in the lovely southern heat and humidity no less) for that if we can afford it. I can handle 9 weeks, its no big deal. The last 9 weeks of the pregnancy went fairly quickly. I got this lol.
So far, we've settled into our daily routine wonderfully. The days are pretty full with Lyssa's half days at kindergarten and our daily playdates. I'm sure it will be a bit slower once summer hits, so im looking at dance classes, a gym membership and free activites that we can do daily to help it go a bit easier.
I logged on here with loads of things on my mind to say (that's what happens when you're only communication is with a 3 and 5 year old), and suddenly my brain is just deflated. Think its time to do that calendar and get some sleep. I'll be on monday im pretty sure since we have the day off.
2 comments:
1 down!! You're doing great!
Do you guys do the free summer movies?
Is that at folsom? I have heard talk about it but didnt see anything listed on Fandango. Fill me in!
Post a Comment