Sunday, April 19, 2009

38 weeks

I'm 38 weeks and 5 days (i think lol) and still chugging along. The baby has definitely dropped and engaged so its been a bit of a challenge to walk comfortably lol. Not much new going on with that front. But I'm realizing that i have really been sucking at keeping up with my blog. Funny, since my old one I use to do daily. This last week we've been dealing with news that my biological father is in ICU. I get bits and pieces of updates from my sister, since she is in Arizona with him. Thus far we have that he needs to enter a hospice as he has leukemia and has for awhile but never told any of us. He pretty much refused treatment for it and the last time he was in surgery for his heart insisted on a DNR. So, now they just want to make his last days comfortable. They have given him 3 days (which obviously we are past) to 3 weeks.

It's been a rough week emotionally speaking. Took a few days of me fighting inside my head about an induction so I could get out to visit him asap and make peace with our relationship. We haven't had much contact the last few years, which i now of course feel incredibly guilty about. Thankfully, we are cut from the same cloth and I know, he knows its just been life has been busy. I woke up ready for an induction on Monday, I didn't think i could handle him dieing and being unable to visit him. Thankfully I have a great OB who talked me down, midwives who supported me but reminded me of the possible complications that could arise for myself and the baby, and a wonderful dh who reminded me about my experience with pitocen with my 1st dd. By Friday I was much calmer and ready to sit it out and have been just leaving it in God's hands. It's really all I can do. I have no control over the situation and He knows what's best for me, my father and this baby.

On the home front, its suppose to be in the 90's tomorrow and I'm dreading it. I'm seriously tempted to call Lyss in sick to school tomorrow. I know, i know. Bad mommy. But the air just went out in my car and I'm really not looking forward to the heat. We shall see, I'm sure ill suck it up and get her to school. But needless to say, Tuesday i will be 39 weeks and I'm ok if this little girl would like to come anytimeeeeeee. LOL

Our poor Koda is sick. He's had a horrid butt this week, meaning diarrhea and horrid gas. We also had a concern with a bite on him that i wanted to get checked out. $210 later we found out he has a parasite, poor guy. I'm livid, because i don't know WHERE he picked it up and I've been so very careful with him. But the vet reassured dh that its not our fault. He's a dog that likes to eat everything and its near impossible to stay on top of it at places like parks. So he's on meds and a wet diet for the week of prescription food. Hopefully this will clear it up and our little guy will be back to normal. 17 weeks and he weighed in at 41 lbs today! The vet believes he'll hit 100-120 lbs, but will be tall and lean. Definitely time to start his training. Ben's last day with AT&T will be on Thursday, so the following week we are starting his 1 on 1 training. I need to get him properly trained before he outweighs the girls and I. Otherwise, he's still a sweetie and we really are so very grateful that he is part of the family. I still can't believe how darn much i love him!

As i said, dh's last day is on Thursday. We are anxious, as we will have a few weeks on no pay but have been saving and putting aside money. On the 17th he ships out for 9 months, but the 3 weeks before that will be nice to have him here. MIL moved out (yes, that's a happy dance I'm doing). She gave us 3 days notice before her trip to KY that she wouldn't be coming back and that she wasn't taking any of her stuff in the garage with her. I was livid at first, then called the local hospice and had them pick up as much as they would take. I'm very relieved to no longer have to put up with her and the stress and chaos she brought into our home. DH is also very relieved that he doesn't have to worry about me dealing with her while he is gone. I am not looking forward to being in this big ole house (2300 square feet) alone while dh's gone. So I am back to looking and applying for apartments. I need something smaller, with neighbors on each side to feel safe while he's gone as I know how hard it was for me when we split. We will find out next week if we can get into a local apartment that we love, they have a huge patio (yard sized almost) which is awesome and the unit is adjacent to a greenbelt which we will have direct access to through a gate on our patio for Koda to run around and play. So we will have a busy 3 weeks, hopefully we can get everything taken care of before we have to send DH off.

My 29th birthday is next Saturday. I am really not looking forward to it, not because of my age but just because sooo much is going on. I keep telling DH that 30 will be our special one that we will celebrate, as he keeps asking me what i want and what i want to do for it. So that's about it in my neck of the woods. I have to get better at getting on here as I've fallen horribly behind keeping up with all my friends' blogs! Off to go catch up on some reading.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Sorry about your dog :(

Wow - you're almost there. I can't believe you're at 38 weeks already!

RedheadedPhoenix said...

You rock Nell, you are so strong, seriously, you've gone through so much and it just keeps coming but you are pulling through and it's really going to pay off. You know my prayers are with you guys that things start to look up.