Thursday, April 30, 2009

5 days out

Thought i'd share my last pregnancy pic, dh took it the morning i went into labor. 39 weeks and 4 days i believe. Most likely my last pregnancy picture ever, which is a little bitter sweet.
And we have a picture of baby Eden. Out of respect for her parents, they have been cut out of the picture and this will be the only picture posted of their sweet little girl.
And here i am today. 5 days post. I have a lottttt to work on, but am just trying to recouperate for the time being.
Today has been a hard day physically. I am fighting off mastitis, which is interesting since i assumed i wouldnt get it with pumping. But my right breast is the bane of my existance and is acting up just as horribly as it did after I delivered both my girls. I've been living with the pump attached to me today, started my supplements and lots of hot wash cloths. I really had forgotten how hard it was on me to nurse (even though im exclusively pumping). But i trooped through it with the girls, and ill keep up at it til my supply goes away because i really dont want this mastitis to continue. I was getting a great amount of colustrum, 2 oz a pumping and yesterday it hit 3 oz a sitting. Today my milk is starting to come in and i'm getting between 5-6 ounces a pump session. I'm ready for my milk to be completely in so i can clear out my breasts more efficiently and faster. But that will come with time. Getting bigger flanges really helped with the discomfort.
Not much else to add, things are just slowly rolling by.




3 comments:

Victoria said...

She's gorgeous!

I'm sorry you're dealing with mastitis :( I hope it resolves quickly and you are pain-free soon {{hugs}}

Tiffany said...

You are such a trooper. She is beautiful. I love the name too. Why did you decide to pump. Couldn't you have just decided to not pump and your milk would have never come in? I hope the mastitis goes away soon. Been there and I know it is not fun to deal with! Hang in there with recovery! I'll be in your shoes shortly!

Earthybirthy said...

Thanks ladies!

Tiff - I overproduce milk (theres a technical diagnoses for this which i didnt know of until i had Kiki) and my body made milk without me pumping. So i got the pump in hopes of avoiding mastitis lol. Apparantly my body doesnt care and decided to do it anyways. Today im on the upward swing of things and am feeling much better.