Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sometimes I have to share the crazy with others

Sometimes I walk away from communication shaking my head, wondering if I'm really reading it correctly or if maybe my sanity has left the building. Sunday night was one of those such nights. I received an email from the ex which said: "I have been waiting for church to be over. Do they wanna talk? Thx,"  The email was labeled: "Do the kids want to talk?" This was sent while we were at church. Harmless and respectful enough, right? 

But, I didn't check my emails as I was at church with the kids and then afterwards I decided to go out to mexican with a few of the other single moms (one visiting, one's hubby was deployed, and one was doing the single mom thing while her hubby was away on vacation, the last is the other single mom i've started a friendship with and bonded as we both have the same ex practically). So I didn't even see the email as I was enjoying adult time while the kids were enjoying a meal with their church friends. Got home, got 'em bathed, into bed and noticed that he'd never called and figured he was busy. Got my son laid down and checked my emails to see it. So I responded with: "I didnt check email till now and kids are all asleep! Sorry. Tuesday i need my manilla folder with all the court paperwork, copy of irs taxes ( you can print a copy out however you filed )and dentistry information as it's time for the kids check ups. You'll need to be prepared to cover half of the cost as well (all 3 are due). I need the dental insurance info asap though.Thanks - J"

I felt this was pretty cut and dry and calm. Clearly someone else didn't read it as such and he quickly shot back: "And I will expect my belongings returned at the same time. Yearbooks, letter jackets, dads marbles, etc...." 

No mention of the documents he had in his possession which were court ordered to be given to me. No mention of his childrens' healthcare. Just 100% concern for himself and some items from the home that he left (supposedly) when he abandoned us all and moved in with his girlfriend the day he threatened suicide. I honestly have no clue where these items are, they are long gone i'm sure as I moved out in February. I honestly could care less either. The fact that his items from high school meant more to him than his children's dental care slightly enraged me, i'll be honest. Who thinks that way? And then who actually types that out for the courts to read?? 

I have dozen's of emails just like this. I will request something he is suppose to be doing, and it becomes a manipulation on his end and a demand is made for something he wants. Or downright hostility and rudeness. Another such example was when I asked for the type of carseat he had bought for our son, his response was that I could dumpster dive to go figure it out. 

What is comical about all this is that he has a few emails like this, then I calmly and factually point out where he is in error, threaten to serve him and take him back to court and then I'm getting emails kissing my proverbial rear. By the end of it all, he brought all the documentation he was suppose to but has yet to give me the dental information. Pretty sure he quit paying on it and is trying to figure out how to cover his tracks so he wont be in contempt for the child support order which deems him responsible for providing health care for the children. 

Of course, that came with a cost. Him sitting outside my door yelling at me and threatening me. I find it rather amusing that he listens to his girlfriend (who went to college for criminal justice) and the things he say's makes me laugh out loud. Yesterday was threats that I'd better watch out because i missed key things and i was going to lose it all because of it. Also that what i was doing was illegal, what exactly im not sure as I am a stickler for following rules. But im sure he had to feel powerful. It doesn't last long though because i only put up with so much of it before reminding him how he broke rules like "be faithful to your wife instead of sucking on a strange man's penis". He walked away and that battle was over. Sad i have to resort to that, but i can only handle so many times my doorbell being rung and I dont enjoy involving the police. 

And then today ended on a lovely note (yes note the heavy sarcasm). We had a snafu with drop offs and the girls' were late for visitation. This was completely accidental and the person who was dropping off the girls' had completely forgotten tuesday is usually visitation because the ex had missed the 6 previous tuesdays. Honest mistake. But of course he didn't see it as such. So i wrote a simple email of an apology and explained how it wouldn't happen again as we were moving library day with said person to thursdays to avoid any further issues with his tuesday visitations. His response: "No worries about today. I only got irritated when you made those threats. I know you're going to deny threatening me but you and I both know what you said. I want things to be amicable jenelle. How can we do that? I am their father and am not going anywhere. THEY suffer because of us so how do we move forward? A peaceful existence is the right choice. Why can't you be peaceful towards me?"

The comes across as delusional, I swear. Really dude? I email a simple email and you have to try to make it look as if you were the one threatened when in reality you were the one throwing threats at me? I simply responded with: "I'm sorry, what part of my email was not amicable or peaceful?" Which apparently wasn't taken too well either as he responded with: "I wasn't referring to email j. I was referring to the verbal threats you gave at your door. But whatever. I know you're response already. Have a good day." So now not only is he delusional he can read minds? Ok buddy, if you say so.

So, that was another interesting few days of dealing with his 'reality' which really, isn't reality but a figment of his imagination and how he views the world. Can I shout it any louder how thankful I am to have this toxic, delusional, unhealthy person OUT of my life and not living with me anymore? It's a huge relief that's for sure. 



No comments: