Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What I love about today

In hopes to turn the corner and really be the person I want to be, today is about the things I love in my life.

I love that my son has no fear of the water, he loves playing at our local water feature and makes as much of every moment he gets in it. I could learn a few lessons from that small man.

I love that my dd's will rock out in the back of the suburban to our favorite songs and I look in the rear view mirror at their smiling faces, decked out in sunglasses. Oh how I love their simple moments of pure joy.

I love the walk I took with my son tonight, where he was determined to get every single leaf off the ground he could find. It reminds me to take in the small moments and to not forget this amazing world of wonder we live in.

I love that my girls' love without condition. Their simple, "I love you mommy" statements make my heart melt and remind me to live in THOSE moments.

I love my big dog, despite the work he causes. He asks nothing of me but to be fed, watered and let out to go to the bathroom and yet still follows me around with love and a face of being my best friend.

No comments: