I do have more to say today. And it all is due to me looking out our back window into our backyard. I glanced out the window as something caught the corner of my eye and called to the kids, who came rushing over. Then all four of us were mesmerized by the dozens and dozens of dragonflies and butterflies flying around all over the backyard!
I couldn't help but smile. How fitting. Dragonflies represent change, maturity and depth of consciousness surfacing. They also are a reminder to be careful of what you wish/hope for and to always live in the moment because dragonflies live such a short period of their lives actually flying. They are amazing creatures and ones that have always fascinated me. I've always wanted to get a dragonfly tattoo to represent my middle dd who reminds of of many those traits and is fluttering about 24/7 living in every moment.
And then butterflies symbolize change and transformation. That with each thing thrown our way, we should accept it with grace. This creature is linked to resurrection, hope, light and celebration. Another fitting creature for what i'm going through and ironically the 'symbol' i have always linked with my oldest DD and the tattoo I have wanted to get for ages for her as she created in me a transformation from girl to woman and mother.
And here me and my kids are being visually reminded that change is good, transformation is inevitable and can be great. These beautiful and inspiring creatures decided I needed to see them today and I'm pretty darn thrilled. I also find it interesting that I am drawn to creatures that represent beauty, strength, transformation, rebirth and hope. My next tattoo I have already drawn up of a very feminine and bright phoenix surrounded by dandelions (my youngest dd loves making wishes on them and it represents to me the hope of faith) and a butterfly and dragonfly flying with it. It's the story of my life in picture form, and my children's birth right. I hope that one day they find beauty in comfort in simple things that we are surrounded by in nature. We live in a pretty freaking amazing world.
Change is good. Transformations can be painful, but if the dragonfly can wait the majority of it's life to finally be able to fly and the butterfly can go through such a long and trying process from egg to butterfly . . . I can have some patience (for the first time in my life probably) and just go with the process and realize that my life's not over. This isn't the end, it's probably the very beginning of the most amazing time in my life and i'm ok with waiting to see what each days holds and am thankful for the simple reminder to have peace and patience.
No comments:
Post a Comment