Saturday, January 3, 2009

Welcome to a New Year

I missed out on wishing a happy new year on the first, but better late then never. '08 is gone and done and im neither saddened nor relieved. It was full of interesting things, ups and downs and life. Looking back on a year has never been something i do. I live life with no regrets and instead am able to look back to 10 years ago when i was going to college for the first time and am amazed that my life has grown into what it is. I neither am that child wondering the campus, trying to figure out what my lifes' purpose was and realizing i'd just have fun until i figure it out, nor am i saddened that i've closed those chapters in my life.

At 28, i feel excited and content. I know that i am meant to be a mother and a wife. That each year brings something new to challenge and help me grow. When im knee deep in stress or joy, i never seem to be able to stop and encapsulate those feelings. . . but i'm thankful that i can look back and be content and happy about where those moments' brought me, us as a family no less. I know that eventually I will begin my schooling to become a midwife, one day i will open my own practice, and relish in the hardwork of helping women bring their children into this world. I know that one day i will look back at this time as a surrogate and be thankful for the gift it taught my children, to give to others as you would ask for yourself. . . that motherhood is truly a gift and one to be honored and thankful for.

I look forward to 2009, and pray it brings many more joys and peace and challenges that will benefit all my friends and family. Happy New Year to each of you.

No comments: